An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to join our Engineering Department on a permanent basis. Being part of Filon means being united across all departments by our core values. We collaborate as one team and offer generous training and development opportunities which will empower our people and create a culture of inclusion and teamwork.
Located in a fast-paced manufacturing plant, the Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer will be an integral part of the maintenance department who have the overall responsibility of ensuring the efficient running of the manufacturing plant through the sound operation of the plant machinery. You will carry out maintenance duties as directed, both planned and preventative, to assist the manufacturing plant to achieve an output which meets the demands of the customer and in accordance with the Company Quality Systems. Working in an efficient and safe manner you will add to the overall productivity and profitability of the Company.
Main Job Purpose (Job Description)
• Carry out planned and preventative maintenance as directed
• Diagnose equipment faults and repair as required. Respond to breakdowns in a timely manner as directed in order to minimise machine downtime
• Carry out the installation of new equipment as required
• Correctly identify replacement and new parts required
• Maintain all maintenance records and accurately record information onto the CMMS system
• Ensure that records for the department are recorded accurately and in a timely manner
• Ensure that all processes, health and safety and environmental procedures are adhered to and that required quality standards are met in full and documentation is completed appropriately
• Liaise with supervisors to prioritise workload as required
• Attend to out of hours calls as required
• Control external contractors as required ensuring that all contractors have received a health and safety brief and standards are adhered to whilst on site
• Issue and control permit to work as required
• Instigate and contribute to continuous improvement activities
• Maintain a safe working environment for you and others, ensuring that Company and regulatory standards are achieved at all times
• This list is not exhaustive. Other duties may be required to fulfil business commitments
• Apprenticeship served in an engineering discipline
• Formal engineering qualification, ONC etc
• BS7671 18th Edition trained
• Proven multi-skilled in at least two disciplines
• Proven electrical fault diagnosis
• Great problem-solving ability
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Computer literate in computerised maintenance management system
• Ability to work unsupervised or as part of a team.
• Forklift Truck Licence
• Welding and fabrication experience
• An awareness of health and safety legislation.
Hours of Work:
37 hours per week. Monday to Thursday 7.00am to 3.00pm Friday 7.00am to 4.00pm.
£30,264.52 pa + PRP Bonus + Pension contribution + Generous holiday entitlement.
Apply now to join our Company during an exciting period of growth.
Please send a CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org