An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Support Engineer to join our Company on a permanent basis.
(37 hours per week – 8.45am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday, 8.45am to 4.30pm Friday)
Established in 1957, Filon is a private limited company with a turnover of over £12m with approximately 80 employees in the UK. We are a leading manufacturer of GRP construction products including industrial rooflights, valley troughs for slate and tile roofs, flat sheet and bespoke profiles. Our products are supplied to distributors and contractors throughout the UK.
Being part of Filon means being united across all departments by our core values. We collaborate as one team and offer generous training and development opportunities which will empower our people and create a culture of teamwork. We pride ourselves on our friendly and inclusive culture and we continually strive to maintain this.
What you’ll do
|The Technical Support Engineer will provide technical and commercial support to internal and external customers. This will include providing technical specification and product guidance, solving technical issues, creating CAD drawings and details. You will have a critical involvement in meeting the demands of the customer by delivering a manufactured product from concept to production whilst meeting client specification within the agreed cost, time and quality parameters.
You will contribute to departmental output which meets the demands of all business stakeholders whilst in accordance with the Company Quality Systems. Working in an efficient and safe manner you will add to the overall productivity and profitability of the Company.
Key capabilities to include
What you’ll bring
- Background experience of AutoCAD Software
- Background experience of Solidworks
- Engineering Degree or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Customer-focussed with an ethical approach
- The ability to communicate with individuals at all levels and from diverse backgrounds, sectors and business types
- Strong IT skills to include Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Solidworks
- The ability to read and produce technical drawings
- Motivated with a strong team working ethic
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively
- Working knowledge of the construction industry, industrial roofing and cladding in particular
- A knowledge of relevant Building Regulations and product standard
- To have a willingness to learn and develop new skills.
What you’ll get
Salary: TBD depending upon experience.
You will be offered entrance to the Company profit related pay scheme, pension contribution, generous holiday allowance and free on-site parking.
Apply now to join our Company during an exciting period of growth.
HR Department firstname.lastname@example.org