An exciting opportunity has arisen for a National Sales Manager to join our Company on a permanent basis.
(37 hours per week. To suit the demands of the business – A role covering Wales and England up to and including Lancashire and North Yorkshire)
Established in 1957, Filon is a private limited company with a turnover of over £12m with approximately 80 employees in the UK. We are a leading manufacturer of GRP construction products including industrial rooflights, valley troughs for slate and tile roofs, flat sheet and bespoke profiles. Our products are supplied to distributors and contractors throughout the UK.
Being part of Filon means being united across all departments by our core values. We collaborate as one team and offer generous training and development opportunities which will empower our people and create a culture of teamwork. We pride ourselves on our friendly and inclusive culture and we continually strive to maintain this.
What you’ll do
Assuming full responsibility of the sales and market development nationwide, the National Sales Manager will provide external representation for the Company, contributing to the overall efficient company operations by servicing existing Filon clients, re-opening dormant accounts and being accountable for the controlled acquisition of new business in accordance with the existing business model. Integral to this position, is the ability to demonstrate a precise understanding of working with complex distributor platforms.
The primary focus of the role is about growing business by building strong relationships with key influential decisions makers. With a dynamic, focussed and ethical approach, you will have the ability to communicate confidently across all platforms, ensuring that commercial relationships are built, maintained and sustained.
The strategic development and formulation of marketing activities will also fall within the responsibilities of the National Sales Manager to include, promoting the marketing strategy to new and existing customers, advertising campaigns, budget control, literature, newsletter content, website management with the support of an external marketing agency and liaise with the Technical Department on product development.
Reporting directly into the Managing Director, this strategic level role will allow you to use your industry knowledge to promote our Filon brand, deliver on-target growth whilst identifying valuable emerging markets and investigating potential opportunities through the appropriate methods.
Additionally, you will be responsible for the planning and delivery of product training to distributors and other resellers as and when necessary, to raise brand and product range awareness.
Key capabilities to include:
- To maintain effective client relationships within existing accounts through periodic customer reviews.
- Develop new customers through an established distributor network.
- Ensure that future sales plans are forecasted to adapt to changing industry shifts.
- Identify pricing and margin opportunities and plan and present trading agreements.
- Communicate to internal team any quotations required and provide supplementary information relevant to pricing and competitor activity. Pass on requests for technical assistance or information.
- Identify quotes to be pursued, chase to conclusion and report monthly on status.
- Maintain internal database system and ensure that all contacts, both prospects and existing accounts include up to date contact information.
- Maintain dialogue with internal departments and the Managing Director to capitalise on sales opportunities.
- Assimilate competitor, customer and industry information and disseminate accordingly to the relevant departments and stakeholders.
- To provide business representation at trade association networking events and meetings, including but not exclusive to, NARM, MCRMA, NFRC, RIBDA, LRWA and Composites UK.
- Marketing activity to include the management of budgets, photograph taking, advertising, generating case studies and data table material for websites.
- The management of external sales agents.
- Plan and chair relevant sales meetings.
- Report sales strategy and activity to the key stakeholders of the business through monthly management meetings.
- To plan, build and deliver exhibitions and trade shows.
- To ensure distributor training and product presentation opportunities are created and maximised to raise brand and product awareness to improve business activity and sales.
- Deliver customer and apprenticeship training workshops in conjunction with the Technical Department.
- To provide on-site support for customers.
What you’ll bring
- Energetic, self-driven with an enthusiasm for our customers.
- Confident and assertive in your approach.
- Eloquent and professional communication skills across all levels.
- Customer-orientated with an ethical focus.
- Must have knowledge of the industrial roofing market.
- A strategist with an ability to understand the market, identify trends and analyse data.
- Ability to conduct presentations to clients and specifiers.
- The ability to develop, coach and influence others.
- Willingness to deliver training modules to resellers and apprentices.
- An ability to manage time effectively, working autonomously when required.
- Relationships with roofing merchants & contractors is preferable.
- Knowledge of regulatory and legislative issues regarding the product.
- Knowledge of the roof light industry.
- Knowledge of the pitched roofing market.
What you’ll get
Salary: Competitive DOE.
You will be offered a company car, phone, healthcare, entrance to the Company profit related pay scheme, pension contribution, generous holiday allowance and free on-site parking.
Apply now to join our Company during an exciting period of growth.
HR Department email@example.com