A fantastic opportunity has arisen within our Technical Department for a Technical Advisor. This is a support role to provide technical advice to our customers and our sales teams covering our entire range of products.
As this is a very unique role covering a wide range of products and applications, full training will be given to the right individual. If you’re interested in how things work and buildings performing as they should, this could be the role for you. Experience of manufacturing and the building industry would be preferred, but not essential. There are excellent career prospects at Filon for the right individual, the key is the right positive ‘can do’ attitude. Being customer focussed is crucial to our success and the candidates must possess and demonstrate this characteristic. Everything else we can teach.
Filon Products are a leader and innovator in GRP products for building and construction as well as other specialist markets including oil and gas, chemicals, marine, transportation and others. Our forward-thinking Company is committed to sustainability in all areas of the business.
Being part of Filon means being united across all departments by our core values. We collaborate as one team and offer generous training and development opportunities which will empower our people and create a culture of inclusion and teamwork.
The Technical Advisor will contribute to the overall efficient company operations by delivering the provision of technical support to resellers, contractors, designers, and the internal sales team in an accurate, timely and professional manner.
The Technical Advisor will also be responsible for resolving technical queries and developing and maintaining relationships with customers.
Working within a team and in conjunction with other departments of the business, you will carry out functions as directed by the Technical Manager to ensure that you contribute to departmental output that meets the demands of the customer both internally and externally.
Key capabilities to include
- To provide customer oriented technical support by telephone and email to distributors, contractors and other Filon departments
- Collating and creating technical specifications for the customer
- Interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Create technical drawings as required
- Provide site technical support as required
- To perform any other duties as required assisting the smooth running of the Technical Department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to communicate with individuals at all levels and from diverse backgrounds, sectors and business types
- Strong IT skills to include the use of Microsoft Office
- Have a head for heights – off-site visits will be required on an ad-hoc basis
- The ability to read and produce technical drawings
- A positive, customer orientated, ‘can-do’ attitude
- A confident self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of the roofing and construction industry
- Have an understanding of the markets and products that the Company is involved with
- Experience of AutoCAD Software
- Working knowledge of construction industry, industrial roofing and cladding in particular
- Working knowledge of relevant Building Regulations and product standards
- Have the practical experience necessary to fulfil the core roles and responsibilities.
Hours of Work:
37 hours per week. Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 5.00pm Friday 8.45am to 4.30pm.
In return you will be offered entrance to the Company profit related pay scheme, pension contribution, generous holiday allowance and free on-site parking.
Salary competitive depending on skills and experience.
Apply now to join our Company during an exciting period of growth.
If you fancy starting a career with an innovative company in GRP building product manufacturing, we will be very pleased to receive your application.
Please send your application with a current CV to:
Filon Products Ltd
Unit 3 Ring Road
Zone 2 Burntwood Business Park
Tel: 01543 687300