An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Product Development Engineer to join our Technical Department on a permanent basis.
Filon Products are a leader and innovator in GRP products for building and construction as well as other specialist markets including oil and gas, chemicals, marine, transportation and others. Our forward-thinking Company is committed to sustainability in all areas of the business.
Being part of Filon means being united across all departments by our core values. We collaborate as one team and offer generous training and development opportunities which will empower our people and create a culture of inclusion and teamwork.
The Product Development Engineer will contribute to the overall efficient company operations by delivering a manufactured product from concept to production whilst meeting client specification within the agreed cost, time and quality parameters. Besides being a critical part of the Technical team, you will be responsible for overseeing the development of product testing and programming.
The Product Development Engineer will also have a responsibility for understanding and translating both UK and European standards, disseminating the standards and aligning to our design processes and procedures.
Working with resellers, contractors, designers, and the internal sales team in an accurate, timely and professional manner.
Whilst working within a team and in conjunction with other departments of the business, you will provide support to the Technical Services Manager to ensure that you contribute to departmental output that meets the demands of the customer both internally and externally, including responding to customer technical enquiries, documentation process and technical drawings.
Full product training will be provided.
Key capabilities to include
- Developing current products using defined product development processes to deliver an engineered product ensuring compliance with UK and European standards and Building Regulations.
- Collating and creating technical data specifications and presenting into an easy to read format for the Sales, Technical, Production and Quality Departments and the external customer.
- Product testing needs identification, overseeing testing and programming.
- Writing of project/product specifications.
- Be directly involved with leading the research and development of new and existing products.
- Preparation of project drawings.
- Attend trade association technical meetings.
- Unpicking of UK and European standards and Building Regulations and interpreting the information to the relevant stakeholders.
- Management of digital product data including Building Information Modelling (BIM).
- Provide support to the Technical Services Manager with the day to day operations of the Technical Department including responding to customer technical enquiries.
- Supporting the Technical Department in ad hoc duties during busier periods, to include telephone and email to customers, contractors and other Filon departments, collating and creating technical specifications for the customer.
- Interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Create technical drawings as required.
- Provide site technical support as required.
- Background experience of AutoCAD Software
- Demonstrable product design experience
- Product Design/Engineering Degree or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to communicate with individuals at all levels and from diverse backgrounds, sectors, and business types
- Strong IT skills to include Microsoft Office
- The ability to read and produce technical drawings
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Have a head for heights – off-site visits will be required on an ad-hoc basis
- Working knowledge of construction industry, industrial roofing and cladding in particular
- Working knowledge of all relevant Building Regulations and product standards
Hours of Work:
37 hours per week. Monday to Thursday – 8.45am to 5.00pm, Friday – 8.45am to 4.30pm.
In return you will be offered entrance to the Company profit related pay scheme, pension contribution, generous holiday allowance and free on-site parking.
Salary competitive depending on skills and experience.
Apply now to join our Company during an exciting period of growth.
Please send your application with a current CV to:
Filon Products Ltd
Unit 3 Ring Road
Zone 2 Burntwood Business Park
Tel: 01543 687300